Wednesday 11 November 2009

Focus Group Response

Focus Group Responses

In my focus group I had 5 people listen to the track which my
group has chosen and outlined my ideas for the music video which
we will construct and the target audience we are trying to aim towards.
I then asked for what they had expected from their opinions
of what they would see in a music video for this particular song.
What would my target audience expect in the video?
“what I would expect is a scene which shows the singer performing with her ‘boyfriend’ to show the past and how the relationship was and then eventually breaking apart giving the characters in the video more depth of detail of history, so the audience can understand the video much better and feel the song is suitable to the video.”
“should be performance shot which could be much like the new Beyonce song called ‘broken hearted girl’ as the lyrics are similar, so I believe there should be shots of a green screen in there somewhere.”
Others had similar points, I believe these are key points which can help my group construct are video as the points are achievable and are within bounds, giving us more research into our target audience which means we know what they want.
Which music TV channels would your group expect to see the video broadcast on?
-TMF
-MTV
-ChannelU

1 comment:

  1. Well done for conducting this research. It may be interesting to use the same interviewees for your post production focus group.

    ReplyDelete